How do you decide what wine to buy or which wine would work best for a particular event?
- What is your budget?
- Where will you buy?
Here are few tips on Wine Shopping from Leslie:
- Ask yourself what the wine is for:
- To serve with dinner at home? Now that you know about Pinot Gris, give it a try tonight.
- To bring for a dinner party? Pinot Noir is one of my top picks because it goes with everything.
- To give as a gift? I like to give Champagne and dessert wines as a gift.
- To pour for a party you are hosting? Look for a magnum, which is a large bottle that holds the equivalent of two regular-sized bottles.
- For a special occasion? Dream big! Try aged red Bordeaux from France or Italian Barolo.
If you have questions when browsing wine in a store, ask for help or ask for their recommendations. Also, keep in mind that many stores will offer a discount if you are buying 12 bottles or more.
What else goes on your wine shopping list?