Share with other Thirsty Girls, your favorite wineries and tasting rooms to visit. What was your experience like and what are your recommendations for other places nearby to visit?
Is there a lunch or dinner there to die for?
Do you recommend a certain time of year? Call ahead?
Visiting Sonoma Valley- The Sonoma Valley is truly a delight. It’s a little more laid back than the Napa Valley and it’s easy to drive up and down Highway 12 to visit wineries.
Here are some must see spots:
- Sonoma Plaza which has a great playground for kids,
- the vineyard tram tour at Benziger Family Winery
- and a stop by the Sonoma Cheese Factory.
- Contact the Sonoma Valley Visitors Bureau for help planning your visit.
Tasting Room Etiquette:
- Don’t be afraid to spit! Just try not to splash the person next to you.
- Expect to pay a fee in most tasting rooms (though you often get to keep the glass).
- Call ahead if you have kids as some spots are kid-friendly and others aren’t.
- Many smaller wineries require an appointment, so make sure to check before dropping by.
- Avoid the crowds by visiting on a weekday.
- Assign a designated driver or hire a limo to take you around and split the cost among the group.
What are your favorite wineries to visit?