This cocktail blends fresh fruit and root beer flavors for a fun taste and vintage presentation. Making your own infused tequila is easier than you think, it takes a few days, so start it now and you’ll be singing Monster Mash on Friday in no time.
For infused tequila:
· 1 cup fresh blackberries
· 4 slices fresh orange, rind removed and discarded
· 1 slice fresh Meyer lemon, rind removed and discarded
· 1 750mL bottle tequila (such as Corazon Reposado)
For the drink:
· 2 part infused tequila
· 1 part Grand Marnier
· 1/4 part Blackmaker Root Beer liqueur
· 1/4 part Der Lachs Goldwasser Cinammon Schnapps
· 1/2 part quality craft root beer (such as Sparky’s, Abita or Virgil’s)
1. Place tequila and fruits into an air-tight jar. Infuse fruit flavors and tequila for 4 to 5 days.
2. Once tequila is infused, mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
3. Serve in a classic mason jar over ice.
Preparation time: 5 days (tequila); 1 minute (drink)
Number of servings (yield): 1 (750mL infused tequila bottle will supply approximately 13 drinks)