On Mother’s Day, it’s all about the little things – the small, personalized gestures that show you care. This year, treat your mom to a fabulous brunch, a bottle of her favorite wine or a homemade gift. Here are some simple, yet elegant ways to show your Mother you care.
- Decorate the table with framed photos of memorable times you’ve spent with mom.
- Create hand-written menus that she can save as a keepsake of the day; leave space on each menu for guests to include a personalized note.
- Serve small tasting spoons with a variety of her favorite dishes so she can enjoy a little bit of everything.
- Create a specialty cocktail and name it after your mother or one of her best traits, such as “Margaret’s Martini” or “The Caring Karen.”
- Show her (and everyone!) how much you care by preparing a heartfelt toast and raising a glass in your mother’s honor.
To get you started, here’s a cocktail recipe for The Legendary Lady, a twist on a typical iced tea. This delicious drink includes Godiva Chocolate Vodka, a smooth spirit infused with the essence of luxurious Godiva chocolates, for a hint of sweetness that your mother will love.
The Legendary Lady
1 1/2 ounces Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Infused Vodka
3 ounces iced tea
3 to 4 lemon wedges for garnish
1. Combine Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Infused Vodka and iced tea in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake well and strain into a highball glass over ice.
3. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Ideal Serving Glass: highball glass